Saturday, February 4, 2012

Creeper Feature

For those of you who don't know, Husband and I packed up Grandma and the kids in July of 2010 and moved out of Denver. Shortly before moving, we had a yard sale to get rid of some of our junk. The yard sale being a pain in the ass and the obnoxious people who came to it aren't even the point of this post. The point is, a day or so before, I posted an ad on craigslist (yes, craigslist is creepy, but oh well). I had a couple people email me for directions and stuff like that and that was the end of it. Or so I thought.

Last night, I got an email from an address I didn't recognize saying "Hey". Nothing more, nothing less. So I responded, basically asking "Do I know you?". The person asked if I'd posted an ad on craigslist, and I said "Yes, but not in a long time. Which ad are you talking about, exactly?" The next email I got from this weirdo was a picture of a half-naked guy in his bed and the question "Wanna meet up?" Baffled, I said something about not knowing who it was and asking how he got my email and he really said in response "You posted an ad for a yard sale like a year ago".

So okay, one more reason I'm glad we moved out of that house. Seriously? Who keeps an email address about a yard sale for over a year? Why is he emailing me NOW? What a total freak. He hasn't emailed me again, thankfully, as I really don't want to have to involve the police to get the stranger danger to leave me alone.


The moral of this story, kids, is to stay away from weird people on craigslist. Like murderers. Like people who email you a year later and send half-naked pictures of themselves.


However, if you need a quick laugh you might want to stroll on over to the "Missed Connections" section and just read the titles. Really. I saw one yesterday that said "I hit your dog with my car". Because running over my family pet really makes me want to date you. Or if you're worried about someone thinking you're looking for someone else, you can always read some of the stuff on The Best of Craigslist. You'll instantly feel better about your own life.


***

On an art-related note, I made a miniature cupcake base a bit ago. I'm going to put it into some mold making stuff and make more of them, and then make one big cupcake base mold, so that I can make lots of tiny cupcake bases at one time.

Also, I started cleaning my desk and my shelves last night. I need more shelves. Drawers too. Husband found this nifty pattern for a bookshelf shaped like an old-fashioned toe pincher coffin. I'm going to make him make me one with bookshelves and one with drawers.

I regret throwing away the ghetto Lazy Susan (the inventor certainly had a grudge, yeah?) that I had before I moved. It would be brilliant to stick some Crystal Light canisters on there to hold my pens and paintbrushes and all those long skinny things that are constantly strewn all over my desk.

No comments: