Working on getting some pieces put together for display and sale in a local salon. Never had to display before, so that's a bit of the logistics I haven't figured out yet. Anyway, here's what I've got so far. Polymer clay over bracelet blanks with some mica powder and alcohol inks thrown in. All are varnished.
Thursday, January 22, 2015
Saturday, January 10, 2015
I'd planned to add a dragon's eye focal piece to this but the design would be too heavy for the delicate stitch so this one will be as is. I got ideas for two large collar pieces in the process, so it's still a win.
Thursday, January 8, 2015
Working on a new piece with a dragon theme. Tiny 15/0 seed beads so it's kinda slow going, but I got a magnifier so as soon as I adjust to the depth perception part of it, I should be all set. Photo is kinda glaring but I needed a shot in the sun to show all the different colors in the beads.
I don't have the beads for the big focal piece yet but I do have them saved in a cart on a bead site. Probably won't get them for a while because I came across a dollhouse kit in an unopened box for a steal on craigslist and I *really* want to save up and get it if it's still there. If it's not available by the time I save up the asking price, then I'll just be able to get more beads.
At any rate, the year is off to a nice creative start and I'm pleased with the direction things are headed.