Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Four.

Four years ago, the man who would become Husband asked me to be his girlfriend. He also hinted that I was not allowed to say no. Seven months later, we'd be married. Today, to mark this special occasion, I've gotten out my cake tools. Decorating cakes for more than ten years was quite enough for me, so I only do so for special reasons now. Even more special is the fact that Husband doesn't know I'm making the cake.

***

I weighed myself today. I am down 5 1/2 lbs and can fit into smaller pants. Score one for me. Hasn't been hard and I haven't made huge changes to my diet. Just a lot more activity now, largely in part to my fitbit.

***

Kittens are well and wonderful this morning. Not much to report today. No eyes are open yet, but their ears are slowly unfolding.

***

Older Daughter is learning her colors. She can now correctly identify red, black, green, blue, yellow and pink. Purple and blue are a little bit lacking yet, and white is not registering at all.

I'm giving serious thought to changing Younger Daughter's name to Baby No Nap, because she never sleeps. Then she's miserable by 4:00 and I can't let her go to bed before we've even eaten dinner.

***

Husband, who is crazy scared of needles, is donating blood for a blood drive at work today, after they got an email that pointedly said they needed A+ blood type donations. I'm so proud of him <3

***

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a huge fan of cooking. I've been known to state that I am allergic to the stove. Husband did most of the cooking for the first couple years we were married. That said, I find a special satisfaction in cooking for my family and friends. They get good food made with lots of love, and that makes me very happy.

***

I went out and bought a polymer clay book yesterday, because I'd borrowed it from the library and renewed it too many times. The inspiration and tutorials in it are wonderful, though, and I was struggling without it.

***

That's all I've got for right now. Maybe something more exciting will happen with kittens today and I can come on here and brag about it.

"Taking food alone tends to make one hard and coarse. Those accustomed to it must lead a Spartan life if they are not to go downhill. Hermits have observed, if for only this reason, a frugal diet. For it is only in company that eating is done justice; food must be divided and distributed if it is to be well received. " -Walter Benjamin

No comments: