Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Experimenting On New Ideas

I  made some of my usual stuff yesterday, but I also played around with a couple new ideas I've had rattling around in my head.

The first is a medium sized dreadlock bead with shards that I edged with stringer. Previously, my stringer work has been an absolute joke but I seem to be slowly but surely getting the hang of it.



The next is a tree over a sunset. I wanted to see how well I could make a sunset bead using glass rods instead of an enamel gradient. I think it has a lot of potential and would look way awesome if I can work some clouds into the spaces where the glass colors come together. I've got a whole set of enamel samples coming so I'm going to play with using gradients and things too. Also, I plan to use smaller stringer for trees in the future and accent it with dark browns and greys to break up the monotone of the black. All in all, I'm really pleased with the potential of the piece.


As always, you can click on the pictures to see a larger version. 


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: