Thursday, December 26, 2013

After Burners

Christmas was good. I took far more joy in watching people's reactions to their gifts than anything else. The family dragged my uncle into this century with a 32-inch HD tv, a blu-ray player, and a bunch of dvd's and blu-rays - a far cry from the tiny 9-inch  screen that he was using from 1970-something. My aunt needed a bunch of new shirts and we found quite a few that were perfect. My sister, upon realizing she was unwrapping her space nebula bracelet, got very excited and took it around to show it to everyone in the room :-) It was a good day, and Husband did all the cooking and the food was DELICIOUS!

We have the pest control people coming again tomorrow for the wasps we keep finding. We were finding about two a day before they came last week and it's progressed to six or seven a day since they came and sprayed. I'm fairly certain that we either have a nest somewhere in the house that we can't find, or they're coming in around a window somewhere. Hopefully a full spray-down will solve the problem and we'll get a deep freeze in the next couple weeks to freeze any that are outside.

Today I was introduced to the awesomeness that is Spooky Time Jingle through a post on Polymer Clay Daily. It's all Halloween and Christmas stuff done in a Folk Art manner. Neat stuff there!

Husband has a few ship stamps coming that he'd been hoping would be delivered before Christmas, but they weren't. One in particular is for me to design the cover art for a book he'll be self-publishing in the not-to-distant future. The rest are because if he ordered enough he got free shipping from New Zealand. When they get here, I have some great plans for light switch cover art.

As for my finger, I made definitive plans to go to the doctor this morning since Husband will be working late tonight and of course it's made a miraculous recovery. I think I have a sinus infection though so I may have to go anyway.


So that's where we are. Now that the big holiday is over hopefully we can get back on track and make some progress toward other important projects. Thanks for stopping by, and may the new year find you and yours healthy, wealthy, and joyous!

No comments: