Thursday, December 19, 2013

Countdown to Launch

I haven't had much time or energy to post lately as I've been busy trying to get the house in order for Christmas at the same time as getting through daily chores. I have been experimenting with some new product ideas and plans for some other things if I can figure out the method for the base pieces.

About three weeks ago (November 30, to be exact) I tripped over a bird bath out in the front yard and hurt my hand in the process. It's still really sore, like it hurts to straighten out my finger or wash my hand or push on anything with that finger. I thought I'd probably broken it, but didn't go get it checked after I was assured that it's probably only sprained. Well last night one of my friends (who is a nurse) said it's almost surely broken or has some tendon damage. I probably should go get it checked but I'm afraid that my  doctor will end up putting it in a cast or something and I can NOT have my hand out of commission for weeks. It's my dominant hand. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So in a prime moment of brain overload (or maybe brain disconnect) I noticed this morning as Son was leaving for school that the gift I'd wrapped for his teacher had the label and the bow on the bottom. It sat on my desk for two days and I didn't notice! Oh well. Too late now.

Husband and I spent most of last weekend making homemade jams to send out to our family in South Carolina for Christmas. While they are done and ready, I still don't have the boxes to mail them out. I think Saturday is the very latest I can mail them by priority and know for sure that they will be delivered on time. So I think a trip to the post office and click-and-ship will be my project tonight.


Anyway. Here are some things I've been working on lately. A couple of them got scrapped (the blue and green tree switch plate covers, to be exact) and others are in progress or prototypes.


scrapped


lollipop dread bead prototype


fractal dread bead 


scrapped


purple glass beads


cabled scarf in red


this one is still on my desk, 1/4 done but temporarily abandoned

No comments: