Friday, March 15, 2013

It's Looking Like Spring

Son's final total for Jump Rope for heart was $275, so he passed his goal. He came home from school sick again one day last week, but has been fine since. Nothing much new to report there, except that he's going to be eight in 11 days. I'm thinking about making him a pirate's treasure map birthday cake.

No new glass beads. I've come to find out that my oxygen concentrator is no longer under warranty and I'd have to ship it to Texas and back on top of the cost of whatever to fix it if I send it to an authorized repair place. I should look up any kind of repair place around here, but the whole situation has me terribly discouraged, so I'm ignoring it.

I've started another project in the mean time. I have a large (4" diameter) glass ornament that I've covered in purple polymer clay and started sanding. Here's what it looks like as of now.


I haven't decided yet whether to carve out a design and backfill it with black or white, or if I want to do some raised floral-y type pattern like those frequently seen on wedding cakes. I could do one of each, but just covering the ball and getting it not-quite-fully sanded took an entire day, so I'm no too eager to jump right in and start again.

I've recently been wanting to learn to make hats and British-style fascinators, and I've got lots of neat ideas, should I ever actually start down that route.

Also, I've been slowly gathering supplies to start doing some bead embroidery, and I finally found some pretty Czech glass beads to use as accent points, one of which I plan to incorporate into a Victorian top hat design that's forming in my mind. Here are my Czech glass beads that I got from Astrid Boyce (who also makes glass beads and has Regaliz supplies and stuff- she's a peach, you should give her a look). 


We finished Oldest Daughter's new bedroom last week, and it's all bright colors and shapes and wonderful. Also nice that she'll be able to grow up in it and we won't have to change it from princess theme to something else when she gets older and starts complaining. Husband has painted the ceiling in Youngest Daughter's room-to-be, and we'll start the painting in there soon. I haven't decided where I want the furniture yet, so I'm not sure where the accent wall will be, and that's a large part of why we're not painting it yet.

Also, the people who lived in this house before us were disgusting pigs. That is all.

Bad Dog Number Two has taken to jumping the fence lately, but only when he knows someone from the family is out front. He was a stray who had been hit by a car when he went into the shelter, and he was there for a couple months being treated for his injury before he was able to be adopted. He has a scar that runs from his foot clear up the inside of his leg past his knee, and he's pretty leery of moving cars now. That said, he jumped the fence when I was talking Son to the bus stop this morning, and ran in front of a car when I tried to grab his collar. The driver, thankfully, was paying attention and had slowed way down when they got close, and was able to stop before the dog got in front of the car. We're going to electrify the top of the fence where he always jumps and see if that solves the problem.

That's my news as of late. Thanks for stopping by :)


No comments: