Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Sim-ulation of Life

So there's been no new glass work lately as my oxygen concentrator with less than 200 hours on it has some unidentified major problem and I'm having trouble finding anyone around here to do repairs AT ALL, warranty or private pay. It's becoming a huge hassle and I'm getting more than slightly annoyed with the whole situation. 

Son is doing the Jump Rope for Heart fundraiser for The American Heart Association and is $25 short of his $250 goal at the time I'm writing this. Today is the last day, and he'll be turning that in and having class pictures taken tomorrow. He fell on the playground yesterday and hit his head, so the whole afternoon was spent watching for signs of concussion. He's fine this morning. 

Yesterday was the release of The Sims 3 University Life and the new SimCity, and both were delivered to me early in the morning. I'm obsessed. I have mixed thoughts about the new version of University. You can go to class with them now, unlike the way it worked in The Sims 2, but it's more of a hassle because they have classes ALL DAY three days a week and they never eat in between classes on those days. That said, I had my first graduate yesterday. The new SimCity is the same as the older versions as far as I can tell, except that you don't have to lay down pipework for water or power lines for the power station- the game does it automatically. Also, there are online regions and any Joe Shmoe can build a town in your region. I turned that option off because I don't play well with others.

There should be more for me to talk about, I suppose, but I got nothin'. Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: