Saturday, March 23, 2013

Hey there, Sweetie

I've been thinking about miniatures again, mostly because I keep getting lots of ideas for little shops and houses and things, so I've been fiddling with clay a little bit here and there. I still REALLY want to do an apothecary shop, but that's on the back burner for a while as I don't even have a design yet.

Anyway, the other day I started looking for spring-themed pastry ideas so that I'm not doing the same old boring cupcakes and Peeps and crap that every miniature-artist out there makes. Aside from seeing a ton of things I want to make in actual edible form, I got lots of ideas for things. Today, I made a mango tart. It was hurried, primarily because I'm working out the method of making miniature pastry shells the way I like and THAT isn't going as perfectly as I'd like.

So here is my tiny tart on top of a United States quarter, for size reference.



Lots to perfect, but it's a start. By the time I get things the way I want them, Daughters should have a full stock of dollhouse food.


Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments: