Thursday, March 29, 2012

Lizards have cool tongues

I've got a couple ideas for glass projects, but haven't started them yet. I actually haven't been doing ANYTHING productive over the last couple weeks. I've been spending all my time playing The Sims 3: Showtime and Angry Birds: Space. I need to get a life.

I made an Angry Birds cake for Son's birthday. In the process, I've discovered that I really don't have any patience at all for cake anymore. He liked it, and I like that I'm done with it. Next comes a cake for Grandma, but it can be simple. Her birthday is on Easter this year. Then a cake (or cakes) for the girls and then I'll be done until November.

A few weeks ago I went to a glass supply store and got AWFUL service. Sent a letter to the president of the company and subsequently spoke to him on the phone. Went back on Tuesday to discover that the employees there now know me by my first name.

New torch is almost ready. A couple more parts and a more effecient propane supply and I'll be in business. Oh, and ventilation because I'm not terribly keen on the idea of dying of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Have a couple requests for new stuff, both of which I can probably do but haven't tried extensively yet.

Spectre left on the 21st to go live with my sister. I miss him lots, and Ghost is such a pest now without someone to bother all day.

Started reading The Hunger Games a few days ago and am about halfway through the second book. Reading is taking more time away from artistic endeavors.

I posted a stupid rant on craigslist Missed Connections last night to some jackass who tailgated me on the highway the other day and have gotten a considerable amount of emails saying they've nominated is for Best of Craigslist.

Husband hung new lights out by the driveway and over the back deck that are nice compliments to the house. He's also been working on building coffins for Spirit and Da Vinci so we can bury them when it warms up later this spring.

That's all I've got for now. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: