Sunday, August 12, 2012

El Diablo Rojo

The big scary torch (whom I've affectionately named "El Diablo Rojo") has been officially set up for a couple days. It's a big step from the little one I was using, so I'm having to re-learn heat control. It's been interesting. I am delighted to report that I *am* finally able to get my intense black to web (as it never would before) and that I happen to kick butt at getting Fire Lotus (a fancy, crazy expensive silver glass) to strike.

I'm in the process of listing some new things on Etsy, hoping it will push me to keep going. I'm thinking seriously about moving to Zibbett or HandmadeArtists because of the constant drama with Etsy. What have I made? Here's a Fire Lotus bead:



Son goes back to school this week, thank goodness. He's been driving me CRAZY all summer. He's been getting math tutoring for the last five weeks or so, and it seems to be helping quite a bit. I was supposed to call and have him evaluated for A.D.H.D. a few weeks ago, but never got around to it in the midst of my dad getting so sick, so I think I'll do so pretty soon.

Oldest Daughter counted to 19 the other day. :)

Youngest Daughter still isn't walking or talking and she's just passed the 15 month mark. I don't think there's anything wrong with her, she just doesn't want to do it. 

That's all I've got to update about for now. Wish me luck in my artistic endeavors. :)

No comments: