Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Giving The Ocean


I have a lovely friend at my children's school. She's a transplant from Maryland and has five kids. Back in February, she mentioned that she'd be going through some major life changes that may include moving and she wasn't sure how to pick between the ocean (going back to Maryland) and the sun (staying in Colorado). I did my best to give her the ocean in hopes that she'll stay, but in the long run, I want her to go where her heart is happiest. 





Technical details; bead weaving necklace with 15/0 and 11/0 seed beads, bead embroidery focal piece on Lacy's Stiff Stuff base, real sea shells, Swarovski pearls, glass seed beads in 15/0 and 11/0, sterling silver clasp. About 24 hours work, total.


1 comment:

Retta said...

It is wonderful, I totally get the vibe of the ocean. Whether she stays or goes, she will think of you when she wears it.