Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Ghost of Christmas Past

I started a project back in July that I couldn't post because it was intended as a surprise for my sister-in-law. I was almost finished when my last beading needle broke. Everyone got sick before I could get more and get it finished, so I finally finished it and sent it out as a Christmas gift.

I apologize in advance because it's a crappy photo taken with my camera as I was rushing to get it mailed out to be delivered on time.



Bat bead embroidery done on Lacy's Stiff Stuff and backed in ultrasuede. Mostly size 11 seed beads. The two necklaces are inter-changeable  - the orange and yellow is twisted tubular herringbone stitch and the blue is chenille stitch. The bat measures about 5 inches from wing tip to wing tip, I think (I mailed it before I could measure it). The cabochons are from Cobra Graphics; the two small ones are bats and the big center one is a grim reaper. 

For the record, she was thrilled and said it was the coolest thing she owns. So worth the wait if you ask me. 

No comments: